The Voorheesville Public Library sponsors a community calendar as a public service to provide information about events, attractions, meetings, etc of interest to the residents of the Voorheesville Central School District.
Events must be sponsored by a non-profit or community group engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, or charitable activities which are in the Voorheesville Central School District or have a participant who lives in the Voorheesville Central School District.
The Voorheesville Public Library does not warrant or make representations or endorsements as to the quality, content, accuracy, or completeness of the information, contained in the community calendar listings. The library is committed to intellectual freedom so that our patrons may exercise their right to access information and ideas.
• The Library cannot provide publication of regular church services on the Community Calendar. However, special events, such as fundraisers, barbeques, pageants, etc. sponsored by churches can be posted.
• Events must be non-commercial in nature.
• Events must be of interest to the general public.
• Event postings must include the sponsoring organization, time, location, and a contact phone number. IF there is a fee involved, that should be included.
• Events may be posted as far as three months in advance. Postings may take up to 5 days before appearing in the calendar.
• The posting may not be used to advertise or promote the sale of products or services, including advertisements for or endorsement of, candidates for public office. Description or praise of a product, or service which encourages purchase is not permitted.
• Not-for-profit organizations may post fund-raising events.
• Postings may not include material considered to be obscene or profane.
• Postings may not be used to slander or libel any individual or group.
• No posting that discriminates against any individual or group will be posted.
• Groups wishing to use the library community room must make separate arrangements in accordance with the Community Room policies.
• Personal or family functions will not be posted unless they are of interest to the community as a whole. Each request will be considered on a case by case basis.
The Voorheesville Public Library reserves the right to refuse any posting or to edit any posting to fit these guidelines.
23 January 2006